Most musicians have probably at one point, or another dreamed about learning to play the electric guitar. With the rise of rock music, the electric guitar became an American icon, symbolizing youth and defining generations for years to come. When it comes to shopping for electric guitars for sale, there is a lot to take into consideration. Moreover, it can feel like there are too many options to choose from.
To help you out as you look for the perfect instrument, we’ve put together this guide to help you shop for electric guitars.
Why You Should Consider Electric Guitars
There are several reasons why you would be looking for an electric guitar for sale. Electric guitars make some of the most beloved instruments in modern music. Also, it’s hard not to look cool when you’re playing one.
Guitarists have favored electric guitars over their acoustic counterparts since the explosion of rock music in pop culture. Also, their distinctive sound sets them apart in the world of string instruments. Electric guitars play louder, look cooler, have more accessories and all around just sound better.
Where to Buy Electric Guitars for Sale
- Guitar Center: One of the best places to find electric guitars for sale is this one. With 269 locations around the US, most people will have access to a Guitar Center. This has been the standard retailer for musicians of all sorts for a while now. Guitar Center carries a large selection of electric guitars, as well as acoustic, bass, keyboards and more.
- Sweetwater: If you don’t have a Guitar Center near you, Sweetwater is a great online alternative. The company has become one of the more prominent online retailers of music equipment. It also has an extensive selection of musical instruments and recording gear on their website. Also, it features plenty of electric guitars to browse through.
What to Check for in Electric Guitars Before Buying
- First things first, you must consider your price range. You can spend a lot of money when it comes to electric guitars for sale. So, don’t set yourself up for disappointment by falling in love with an instrument that’s outside your budget. These days you can find cheap electric guitars for sale under $200. This means you don’t have to sacrifice much in the way of sound or playing ability. So, don’t feel bad about getting an inexpensive instrument to start out.
- If you find a Fender electric guitar for sale, consider buying it. Fender is one of the most reputable electric guitar manufacturers in the world and it is so for a good reason.
- Another thing to take into consideration with electric guitars for sale is the style that suits you best. There are a lot of different body types to choose from, and they all sound a little different. Therefore, you need to make sure to try a bunch out before settling on one.
- Look for bundles. An electric guitar doesn’t do you much good if you don’t have an amp and some cables to plug it all in. You may even want some pedals to sweeten your sound a bit. Look for deals that bundle all these items together, as it’s an added expense you must take into consideration anyway.
Thumbs Up from Other Buyers
To help you find the right retailer with electric guitars for sale, we’ve scoured the internet to find comments from previous customers with experience shopping at Guitar Center and Sweetwater.
Reddit user quintios is a long-time shopper with Guitar Center and praised their customer service.
I’ve always been very happy with Guitar Center. Their sales folks might not always be the most informed, but I’ve always been VERY happy with their customer service.
Reddit user garvap has had nothing but positive experiences buying guitars from Sweetwater. The buyer spoke highly of their tendency to go the extra mile for customer service.
Most of the time if you talk to them on the phone, they’ll email you pics of the actual guitar you’re going to get, not just stock photos. That way you can tell if the Tobacco Sunburst you’re looking at is more Tobacco or Sunburst. Top notch customer service – IMO, you just can’t beat it.
To Your Guitar
When it comes to electric guitars for sale, there are a lot of several factors to consider. Therefore, you should spend some time thinking it through. Much of it comes down to personal taste. So, your best option is to invest a lot of time not only into researching electric guitars but playing them as well.
At most music stores in general, you can test out as many different instruments as you want. So, make sure to log plenty of time trying out electric guitars for making a purchase.
The images are from pixabay.com.