Taylor guitars are well renowned within the guitar community for their high-quality craftsmanship and time-tested tone. However, their beloved instruments come at a steep price, placing them well outside the budgets of many guitarists. There are some that want to buy used Taylor guitars for sale. Yet, others dream of owning a new model.
However, there’s no reason why a Taylor guitar must break the budget. You should always look for used Taylor guitars for sale, as they are worth every penny.
Why You Should Consider Used Taylor Guitars
Unlike many products, guitars often get better with age. Their wood matures over time, contributing to a better sound. Not only that, but many people buy guitars but never actually play them before inevitably selling them off for cash. This means that you may be getting a barely used Taylor guitar for sale at a high price.
Of course, the biggest reason to buy used Taylor guitars is that they are much cheaper that way. Typically, a used guitar is available for around half of its retail price. If you’ve looked at the cost tag of Taylor guitars for sale before, you know that a new one can run you thousands of dollars. A lot of musicians just can’t afford to drop that much money. So, opting for a used one may be the only way to own a Taylor.
Where To Find Used Taylor Guitars for Sale
- GuitarCenter: You probably don’t think of a large retail chain when it comes to used Taylor guitars for sale, but Guitar Center offers a broad range of used instruments with their online marketplace. Guitar Center offers peace of mind by allowing you to get a refund for any guitar sold on their site that doesn’t meet your expectations.
- Reverb: Reverb is another trusted business when it comes to the used instrument market. Since 2013, the company has quickly established itself as one of the most popular dealers when it comes to buying new and used tools online, and Reverb handpicks all of the instruments sold on their site to ensure their quality.
What to Check for in A Used Taylor Guitar Before You Purchase
- You won’t be able to test out the used Taylor guitars for sale themselves before making a purchase. Therefore, you need to scrutinize the pictures of the instrument as well as the company’s description. This is to make sure there are no major problems with it. Some light dings and scratches aren’t major concerns. However, significant damage to the guitar should disqualify it from your consideration.
- Make sure that the neck of the guitar is flat. Often when there is a Taylor acoustic guitar for sale, you will find that the neck has become bowed. This makes it an undesirable choice. If you can’t tell from the pictures, make sure to ask the seller.
- Check for signs that the bridge could be lifting. Guitars strings put a lot of pressure on the bridge of the instrument. Consequently, over time this can result in warping that can ruin it.
When it comes to finding the right dealer that offers used Taylor guitars for sale, there a few things to keep in mind.
- Make sure they include a plethora of images for each instrument on sale. Moreover, they should show all angles and don’t attempt to conceal faults in the guitar.
- A good seller will be forthright when it comes to any questions you may have. So, make sure not to hold anything back.
- Also, make sure the company has a reasonable return policy. You don’t get to play the guitar before you buy it. So, make sure you can return it if you aren’t satisfied.
Thumbs Up from Other Buyers
To assure your sense of confidence while looking for online dealers of used instruments, we’ve looked around the internet to find comments from shoppers with experience.
Reddit user RustyFrets describes their positive experience using Reverb:
My shop is using Reverb a lot now. I’ve been a big fan of buying and selling on there for about a year. The rates that they charge for selling on there are extremely reasonable in my opinion.
OldFrets, another Reddit user explained their experience with Guitar Center. Although they appreciated the selection and low prices Guitar Center had to offer, they found the information listed on the site to be problematic at times.
I’ve done it many times. The pictures are lousy, and the descriptions are non-existent, so I always call the store before I place an order. Even then, the reports aren’t always accurate. However, you can return an online purchase to your local store; if you tell them that the description was incorrect, they’ll usually refund shipping.
The upside is that there are a lot of excellent deals on GC’s used inventory, and shipping prices are low to boot.
Wrapping the Guitar Up
When it comes to used Taylor guitars for sale, your best bet is to check out Guitar Center and Reverb’s online offerings and look for a great deal.
Buying used is one of the best options to finally getting your hands on a Taylor guitar. Of course, this is as long as you follow the guidelines above.